Egg Farm Start Up – Quicklinks Checklist
Let’s get started on the basics!
Below is a helpful overview of information for your egg farm start up. This list may cause more questions than answers however you will be able to ask informed questions!
A farm start up is assisted with timely information to get things right from the start.
Roll away nests assist in reducing costs by keeping your eggs clean and reducing a need for an egg washer. Buy the Avio nest or 10 hole rollaway and add to your own trailer, shed or mobile setup.
Avio Colony Nests and accessories
The Avio has two manual counterweights for exclusion opening and closing, the collector is visible on the pictures for the product and is pulled by the operator, it is not under tension, has no rollers, but works for many people throughout Australia.
As the Avio nests are suitable for up to 250 layers per Avio, then joining Avios (in a row) or grouping in your paddock will work for your numbers of layers i.e. 2 Avio for 500 layers, 3 Avio for 750 layers, and so on.
- Single Avio Nest for 250 layers and overview of nest video and has choices of egg collector
- Avio dual nest for 500 layers (2 Avio modules in a row)
- Slats video on Bellsouth YouTube and the
- Free range 1000 layer movable house.
The eco collector (manual hand pulling egg belt) is the common egg collection point or the ‘captain’s wheel’ to wind egg belt where there are more than two Avio nests in row.
Egg printing is mandatory. Hand stamping is a popular appraoch.
Hand or Manual Egg Stamping
- Hand single egg stamper with 4 ink colour choices and video on Bellsouth YouTube.
- Other hand stamping egg printing solutions and video on Bellsouth YouTube
Quick and easy egg handling tools
- Manual egg lifter comes as 6 in a row or 12 (two rows of 6)
- Egg handling in single collection crate or double collection crate
- and egg trays to fit, purchase individually or bulk buy trays by the box.
Bellsouth has also designed an egg wash liquid solution specifically for the Sanitouch system.
Please consider purchasing Quat and Chlorine strips if purchasing egg washing product for the first time.